Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Happy Anniversary Courtney & Dave!


Today is my beautiful oldest daughter Courtney and her wonderful husband Dave's 9th wedding anniversary! Congradulations you two! I know I will probably embarass them both but I am going to tell two short little stories to give everyone an idea of how much these two were made for each other.
Story one, a funny one one: Courtney was a bridesmaid for a friend of hers not long after her and Dave were married. At the reception I was talking to another friend kind of close to the bar where Dave was standing. All of a sudden Courtney comes running over looking just beautiful in her bridesmaid dress and says very loudly(as we all know she can be at times) "I just farted over there!" and she then runs off! Thank goodness the friend I was talking to was a good friend who loves Courtney as we all do because she just started laughing! I turn around just as Dave comes up and puts his arm over my shoulder and see that he is laughing and obviously heard Courtney and says to me"I will love Courtney FOREVER!" Boy if that ain't love I don't know what is!
And story two: When Courtney and Dave were going to get married I don't remember how we got into the discussion of why she thought Dave was "the one" but I do remember exactly what she said to me. She said she had had boyfriends in the past and she always thought to herself "I can do this, I can put up with this, I can live with this" When she was with Dave she thought to herself "I can't live without this!" So to a couple who started very young and 9 years later love each other more and more every day. We love you and wish you many many more years together!

1 comment:

  1. Awww Mom! Very nice... although I could have done without the farting one ;)

    ReplyDelete