Wednesday, April 20, 2011

33 YEARS!!!!



I know this is coming late but we have had a few busy weeks lately and not the good busy! On the 7th we got that call that everyone dreads late at night, Randy's Uncle Bud in Iowa had passed away from a massive heart attack. He was only 61 and a real favorite of everyone. When we were married 33 years ago the 15th we had to go down to Randy's grandfather's funeral the day after our wedding. While we were there we stayed in a little motel, so while down there this time we thought we would see if it was still there. Sure enough it doesn't look as "cute" as it did 33 years ago but it was still standing! Kind of like me and Randy, still standing after all these years! Hard to believe it's been that long and I have to say that we are very lucky that we still enjoy being together. This past weekend we went to Green Bay just to get away for our anniversary. We usually do every year. Nice and relaxing, just the two of us.But we can't stay away for too long because we start missing the rest of our family. We are very lucky that they all live so close, not sure how I would handle it if we weren't able to see them every day. So here is to 33 years with my best friend and looking forward to many more! I'm very lucky to be married to someone who can still make me laugh after all these years!

No comments:

Post a Comment