Thursday, February 10, 2011

New Desk for Courtney!

Our oldest daughter Courtney has been asking her dad for a desk since she and her family moved into their new house. Just something simple and the whole time Randy was asking me "are you sure this is what she wants?" Randy sometimes has a hard time making things exactly the way our girls want them. Oh I have to include grand kids also. He worked on a school project with Peyton, the American Buffalo, and the whole time we were in the shop I could hear them arguing until I finally heard Peyton say "Grandpa, it's not you project it's mine, can you please build it the way I want it?!?!" Sometimes you just have to stand firm! This is an extremely simple design but very nice. Very open. Randy actually built this over the weekend. The top is an interior door that was taken out of the house Courtney and Dave live in now, and we laid a piece of glass on top of it.
Below you can see the door with the glass on top of it.


I have to repeat myself here,Randy has a very hard time with very simple designs, he always feels like he needs to do more. Our daughter Megan asked for a small end stand for beside her bed. "Just 4 legs and a top dad" she kept saying. She ended up with a small enclosed cabinet made from cherry and maple with a door and a drawer. That was as simple as he could force himself to be! So it was almost impossible for him to stick to Courtney's plan but he did and she is very happy with it!


3 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE it! I feel very "professional" and now all it needs is a Mac sitting on top of it. Thanks again Mom and DAD :) I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be waiting for my new kitchen and bookshelf. Anytime!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll put you on the list, start cutting out pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete