Saturday, July 31, 2010

Last Game

This is my mom and dad at an anniversary party we had for them.
My mom and dad back in the day! It's hard to see but she is wearing a long mink coat!

The one thing I remember about my mom is how much she lovved to read. Here she is at we think about 20 years old.

Peyton at his last ball game for the summer, hard to believe the summer is going by so fast!

So it's the last game of the season for Peyton, can't hardly believe it is the end of July already! The summer is going by way too fast as usual! The weather here in Wisconsin seems to be raining almost every other day! Mowing the lawn has become a never ending battle and the kids have come to expect lots of puddles to play in no matter where we go! It is not only the last baseball game of the season for my oldest grandson, it turns out that it has also been the final days for my mom who has been suffering from Alzheimers for more than 5 years now. She passed away Friday in her sleep, finally, and by finally I not only mean finally after 5 years of not recognizing any of us but also finally after a week of my sister and I watching her suffer trying to breath and having one seizure after another. It's a relief to know that she is at peace at last.

No comments:

Post a Comment