Monday, December 2, 2013

Early Xmas Concert

Seems like Christmas at the schools is getting further and further away from what I feel is really Christmas. Luke had his concert early because there are so many classes, so now they had it before Thanksgiving. They included Thanksgiving in a few songs but it just doesn't seem the same. And the songs....well let's just say I'm really glad to be able to go to St. Mary's concert for the Smith kids so I can hear actual Christmas songs. When did it become wrong to sing what is now considered religious songs at Christmas? Isn't that what Christmas is all about? Well I'm not trying to start anything....or maybe I am, we've lost something in our public schools if we can't teach our children the meaning of Christmas and the beauty of it. But it was a fun concert and even though it was only Thanksgiving Luke did an awesome job with his snowman!





2 comments:

  1. I agree! Lets let kids be kids:):) Cute pics! Wish I could have been there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. of course, I completely agree :) Luke looks so little… and a little lost ;) so cute!

    ReplyDelete